bObsweep VS Dyson DC39
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Decide between Dyson DC39 and bObsweep in an instant with the most comprehensive Dyson DC39 VS bObsweep comparison on the web.
Powerful Multi-Surface Canister Pet Vacuum
Reliable & Easy-To-Use Robotic Pet Vacuum
Dyson DC39 is an allergy-friendly bagless canister pet vacuum that boasts powerful suction, excels at pet hair removal, and works perfectly on bare floors, stairs, upholstery, and low-pile carpets.
- Radial Root Cyclone technology for maximum hair pickup
- Ergonomic design; Ball technology for effortless navigation
- Efficient HEPA filtration; easy and hygienic dustbin emptying
- Price: $299.00
bObsweep is a robotic pet vacuum with a mop known for its multi-functionality, great usability, and efficient pet hair removal. It features 4x boosted suction and the largest dustbin in the industry.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and disinfects all types of floors
- Remote control; virtual boundaries; scheduled self-start
- 6 specialized cleaning modes for different kinds of messes
- Price: $309.00
Canister Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC39 is a bagless canister pet vacuum that boasts 290 AW suction power, great maneuverability, a large, easy-empty dustbin, and top-notch performance on hard floors, low-pile carpets, stairs, and upholstery. It is Quiet Mark certified and asthma- and allergy-friendly certified by Allergy Standards Limited.
The essential features of Dyson DC39 include:
- Radial Root Cyclone technology that maximizes airflow and hair and dirt pickup;
- Ball technology for enhanced navigation;
- Dual-mode floor tool for an effortless transition between different floor types;
- Acoustic engineering for high sound quality;
- 2-liter, easy-empty dustbin.
Accessories & Attachments
Dyson DC39’s accessory pack features:
- A 4-foot extension wand with a detachable handle;
- A combination dusting brush/crevice tool;
- A stair/upholstery tool;
- A Tangle Free Turbine tool for stairs, upholstery, and various hard-to-reach places.
Dyson DC39 canister pet vacuum features a modern design and a stylish iron-purple color scheme. Its sturdy construction is made of ABS and polycarbonate, materials used to make riot shields. The vacuum features an ergonomic handle and the Ball technology makes it easy to navigate. Turbine head controls are located at the handle, so there is no need to bend before switching to a different type of flooring. The retractable cord allows for easy storage.
Dimensions & Weight
Dyson DC39 weighs 16.89 pounds (shipping weight is 24 pounds). It measures:
- 14.5 inches in height;
- 19.9 inches in width;
- 10.2 inches in depth;
- 5.5 feet in hose length;
- 21.7 feet in cord length.
Suction (Motor) Power
275 air watts
Dyson DC39 uses 2-stage filtration with a washable filter and a HEPA filter.
Dyson DC39 is suitable for various types of hard floors, including wood, tile, vinyl, laminate, and concrete. It can further be used on low-pile carpets, high pile carpets, upholstery (including leather), stairs, and car interiors.
Although acoustically engineered to improve sound quality and reduce noise, Dyson DC39 can still be rather loud, with the maximum noise level of 84 dB.
Dyson DC39 is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Thanks to Dyson's patented Ball technology, Dyson DC39 is incredibly easy to maneuver and effortlessly deals with bends and turns.
Dyson DC39 is known for its near-perfect performance on bare floors, low-pile carpets, carpeted and non-carpeted stairs, and upholstery. Its performance on high-pile carpets is usually mediocre. It yields excellent results in car vacuuming, but its limited cleaning reach may be problematic.
To preserve the optimal functioning of Dyson DC39, you should empty the dustbin before the collected dirt reaches the MAX marking, wash the filter and clean the brushes after several uses, and replace the filter and brushes every 6 months or less frequently, depending on vacuuming frequency.
With regular maintenance and proper use, Dyson DC39 should remain fully functional for at least 5 years. It is made of durable materials used in the production of riot shields and thoroughly tested to withstand daily use.
$299 - $899.99 (depending on condition) with free shipping within the US
Dyson DC39 comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Robotic Pet Vacuum Cleaner w/ Mop
bObsweep is a robotic pet vacuum that boasts 4x boosted suction, the largest dustbin in the industry, and 5-in-1 functionality. It sweeps, vacuums, mops, and UV-sanitizes floors of virtually all types, efficiently removing pet hair, dirt, and bacteria. It further employs 3-level filtration with a HEPA filter to remove allergens and other sub-micron particles from your environment.
bObsweep’s feature set includes:
- 4x boosted suction;
- 5-in-1 functionality (sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, UV-sanitizing, and HEPA-filtrating);
- 6 cleaning modes for different dirt levels and area sizes;
- Remote control;
- Virtual boundaries;
- Edge and obstacle detection;
- Dirt detection;
- Scheduling cleaning sessions (up to 7 per week);
- LED display;
- Extra-large dustbin.
Accessories & Attachments
Included in bObsweep’s accessory pack are:
- 1 FullCommand remote control for manual control and programming;
- 1 blOck Plus device for creating virtual boundaries;
- A leaning tool for removing dirt and hair from the dustbin, wheels, brushes, and filters,
- A mop attachment;
- Microfiber mopping cloths that can be used damp or dry.
bObsweep is a round-shaped, elegantly designed robotic pet vacuum. It features a large LED display on its face and a black bumper at the front. It is available in charcoal, champagne, rouge, and cobalt colors, all with a glossy finish. It is a bit larger and taller than some of its competitors, so it may not be able to slide underneath all kinds of furniture. However, with 360-degree turns, it efficiently removes pet hair and dirt from most hard-to-reach areas.
Dimensions & Weight
bObsweep weighs 7.72 pounds (shipping weight is 16.85 pounds). It measures:
- 13.78 inches in diameter;
- 3.94 inches in height.
Suction (Motor) Power
bObsweep uses high-efficiency HEPA filtration.
bObsweep is designed to clean most floors, including wood, tiles, linoleum, and low-pile and high-pile carpets.
bObsweep's sound output is 67 dB, which is quiet enough to let you take a nap while the vacuum is cleaning.
bObsweep uses a 2,200 mAh lithium-ion battery that provides a run time of up to 75 minutes and takes 4-5 hours to fully recharge. The battery, the charging station, and the charging adapter are included in the package.
bObsweep can make 360-degree turns, which allows it to effectively clean around furniture. However, it may not be able to slide underneath furniture due to its height.
bObsweep is known for its near-perfect performance on bare floors and low-pile carpets. Its performance on high-pile carpets is not as impressive, but it is still above-average, with most of the pet hair and dirt removed during one cleaning session.
With bObsweep, you do not need to empty the dustbin frequently, but you should clean the brushes after several uses. The filters and the brushes should be replaced about twice a year, depending on use, and the battery can last for 2 years or even more.
If you regularly clean your bObsweep and get new routine replacement parts on time, this vacuum can last for many years (5 or more).
$309 - $549.98 (depending on the color and condition) with free standard shipping in the US.
bObsweep comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Josh McAdam on 09/21/2018I don't think we've ever had a vacuum that sucks this well. It is great for floors, stairs, furniture, you name it. My wife wasn't happy at first because the price was a bit high, but now she admits I was right :)
- Submitted By Amanda Robbins on 04/10/2018I don't regret buying it, it works far better than my previous vacuums, and I've had more than 5 in the past 7 years since we bought the house. But there are a couple of things I don't like. First, the dustbin is not always easy to empty. Sure, you push the button, but you have to shake and shake and shake for all the hair to come out or stick your hand inside, which is something I'm not gonna do ever. Second, it is heavy. Third, its hose is short. I wanted it to be flawless for this kind of money, so 4 stars from me.
- Submitted By Amy Deaton on 09/24/2018Decided not to give it 5 stars after all because I have to charge it manually. In the first month, it managed to find its charging station only 2 or 3 times. So I just gave up on it. That’s probably the only thing I don’t like about it, it really works great.
- Submitted By Scott Barreiro on 06/11/2018I am a single guy with 3 dogs. You can see the problem. I bought bObsweep because it sounded awesome and no regrets so far. It’s a bit expensive, but it’s worth it, I would never be able to keep my floors this clean if it weren’t for this little guy.
- Submitted By Linda Barnett on 04/10/2018Really great for pet hair vacuuming, the mop is ok, but it tends to forget where it was going and cleans the same place twice or even three times, although it is already clean.
In this bObsweep review, we are exploring one of the most popular robotic pet vacuums on the market. bObsweep is a multi-functional device that sweeps, vacuums, mops, and disinfects virtually all kinds of floors, eliminating nearly every trace of dirt, pet hair, and germs. Find out what makes it unique and whether it is right for you.