Bissell Symphony VS bObsweep
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
View our dedicated bObsweep VS Bissell Symphony comparison and find out which of these two excellent pet vacuums is a better choice for you.
Reliable & Easy-To-Use Robotic Pet Vacuum
Vacuuming & Steaming In One Device
bObsweep is a robotic pet vacuum with a mop known for its multi-functionality, great usability, and efficient pet hair removal. It features 4x boosted suction and the largest dustbin in the industry.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and disinfects all types of floors
- Remote control; virtual boundaries; scheduled self-start
- 6 specialized cleaning modes for different kinds of messes
- Price: $309.00
Bissell Symphony is an impressive hybrid that allows you to vacuum and steam at the same time. It collects pet hair and small debris from any type of hard surfaces and gives your floors a nice polish along the way.
- Attractive, ergonomic design with a 5-way adjustable handle
- VAC&SHINE and Dry Tank technologies with easy touch controls
- Eliminates up to 99.99% of germs and controls unpleasant odors
- Price: $179.99
Robotic Pet Vacuum Cleaner w/ Mop
bObsweep is a robotic pet vacuum that boasts 4x boosted suction, the largest dustbin in the industry, and 5-in-1 functionality. It sweeps, vacuums, mops, and UV-sanitizes floors of virtually all types, efficiently removing pet hair, dirt, and bacteria. It further employs 3-level filtration with a HEPA filter to remove allergens and other sub-micron particles from your environment.
bObsweep’s feature set includes:
- 4x boosted suction;
- 5-in-1 functionality (sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, UV-sanitizing, and HEPA-filtrating);
- 6 cleaning modes for different dirt levels and area sizes;
- Remote control;
- Virtual boundaries;
- Edge and obstacle detection;
- Dirt detection;
- Scheduling cleaning sessions (up to 7 per week);
- LED display;
- Extra-large dustbin.
Accessories & Attachments
Included in bObsweep’s accessory pack are:
- 1 FullCommand remote control for manual control and programming;
- 1 blOck Plus device for creating virtual boundaries;
- A leaning tool for removing dirt and hair from the dustbin, wheels, brushes, and filters,
- A mop attachment;
- Microfiber mopping cloths that can be used damp or dry.
bObsweep is a round-shaped, elegantly designed robotic pet vacuum. It features a large LED display on its face and a black bumper at the front. It is available in charcoal, champagne, rouge, and cobalt colors, all with a glossy finish. It is a bit larger and taller than some of its competitors, so it may not be able to slide underneath all kinds of furniture. However, with 360-degree turns, it efficiently removes pet hair and dirt from most hard-to-reach areas.
Dimensions & Weight
bObsweep weighs 7.72 pounds (shipping weight is 16.85 pounds). It measures:
- 13.78 inches in diameter;
- 3.94 inches in height.
Suction (Motor) Power
bObsweep uses high-efficiency HEPA filtration.
bObsweep is designed to clean most floors, including wood, tiles, linoleum, and low-pile and high-pile carpets.
bObsweep's sound output is 67 dB, which is quiet enough to let you take a nap while the vacuum is cleaning.
bObsweep uses a 2,200 mAh lithium-ion battery that provides a run time of up to 75 minutes and takes 4-5 hours to fully recharge. The battery, the charging station, and the charging adapter are included in the package.
bObsweep can make 360-degree turns, which allows it to effectively clean around furniture. However, it may not be able to slide underneath furniture due to its height.
bObsweep is known for its near-perfect performance on bare floors and low-pile carpets. Its performance on high-pile carpets is not as impressive, but it is still above-average, with most of the pet hair and dirt removed during one cleaning session.
With bObsweep, you do not need to empty the dustbin frequently, but you should clean the brushes after several uses. The filters and the brushes should be replaced about twice a year, depending on use, and the battery can last for 2 years or even more.
If you regularly clean your bObsweep and get new routine replacement parts on time, this vacuum can last for many years (5 or more).
$309 - $549.98 (depending on the color and condition) with free standard shipping in the US.
bObsweep comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Upright Vacuum Cleaner/Steam Mop
Bissell Symphony is a convenient hybrid that allows you to vacuum and clean hard floors separately or at the same time. It is excellent for collecting pet hair and solid debris while also being able to tackle more serious stains. It polishes your floors, controls any unpleasant smells, and removes up to 99.99% of germs from your home. It features a modern, ergonomic design and an adjustable handle for easier maneuverability.
Bissell Symphony's most prominent features include:
- Vacuuming + steaming;
- VAC & SHINE;
- Dry Tank Technology;
- Quick-release mop pad tray;
- Steam sanitization;
- Odor control;
- Adjustable handle.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Symphony comes with:
- 1 white pad made for hard floors;
- 1 scrubby pad, designed for scrubbing tasks;
- 1 set of replaceable vacuum filters.
Bissell Symphony features an ergonomic and modern design dominated by silver & gray with some red components. It is an upright model, so it is heavier than regular vacuums. Since it does not have a swivel head, it is unable to make sharp turns and reach below low pieces of furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Symphony weighs 9.7 pounds (shipping weight is 14.6 pounds). It measures:
- 64.5 inches in height;
- 9 inches in width;
- 11 inches in depth;
- 25 feet in non-retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Bissell Symphony uses a rinsable Bissell pre-motor foam filter and a water filter.
Bissell Symphony is only suitable for hard floors.
Bissell Symphony is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Bissell Symphony is an upright vacuum cleaner/steam mop, which makes it more difficult to maneuver. However, the ergonomic design and adjustable handle improve its manoeuvrability. It is also heavier than regular vacuum cleaners and does not feature a swivel head.
Bissell Symphony is designed only for hard floors and does not perform well on carpets and similar surfaces. It is not recommended for waxed surfaces and unsealed wooden floors. It can vacuum and steam hardwood floors, tiles, marble, linoleum, and similar surfaces. Thanks to its significant suction power, it takes only one pass to clean your floors. The appliance gives hard floors a nice polish as well.
Bissell Symphony does not require any special maintenance. You only need to empty the dust cup and rinse/replace the filter occasionally. The company recommends changing the filter every 6 months.
With proper use, Bissell Symphony should last for at least several years.
Bissell Symphony comes with a limited 2-year warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Amy Deaton on 09/24/2018Decided not to give it 5 stars after all because I have to charge it manually. In the first month, it managed to find its charging station only 2 or 3 times. So I just gave up on it. That’s probably the only thing I don’t like about it, it really works great.
- Submitted By Scott Barreiro on 06/11/2018I am a single guy with 3 dogs. You can see the problem. I bought bObsweep because it sounded awesome and no regrets so far. It’s a bit expensive, but it’s worth it, I would never be able to keep my floors this clean if it weren’t for this little guy.
- Submitted By Linda Barnett on 04/10/2018Really great for pet hair vacuuming, the mop is ok, but it tends to forget where it was going and cleans the same place twice or even three times, although it is already clean.
- Submitted By Irina Scott on 08/19/2018Much cheaper than our previous vacuums that weren’t even able to steam the floors. This little guy made me forget all about mopping and our overly expensive steamer is just gathering dust in the closet ever since we bought it.
- Submitted By Jenna Black on 05/15/2018It is very difficult to reach some of the tight corners in my apartment, but that’s the only bad thing I have to say about this vacuum.
- Submitted By Tracy Carmine on 02/20/2018I was surprised by how light this vacuum/mop really is. I expected it to be much more clunky and unruly, but it’s just a breeze to use and go around my furniture.
Bissell Symphony is a revolutionary all-in-one device that allows you to vacuum and steam your hard floors separately or at the same time. It was developed by Bissell, a reputable company that launched its first product back in 1876. Learn all about this impressive hybrid in our comprehensive Bissell Symphony review.