Bissell Symphony VS Bissell Powerlifter
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Decide between Bissell Powerlifter and Bissell Symphony in an instant with the most comprehensive Bissell Powerlifter VS Bissell Symphony comparison on the web.
Lightweight, Deep-Cleaning Upright Pet Vacuum
Vacuuming & Steaming In One Device
Bissell Powerlifter pet vacuum is a light and easily maneuverable bagless upright that provides great pet hair removal results and works equally well on bare floors, carpeted surfaces, and upholstery.
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system and Scatter-Free technology
- Specialized Pet TurboEraser®, Pet Hair Eraser, and crevice tools
- No loss of suction; 5-level height adjustment; great odor control
- Price: $119.99
Bissell Symphony is an impressive hybrid that allows you to vacuum and steam at the same time. It collects pet hair and small debris from any type of hard surfaces and gives your floors a nice polish along the way.
- Attractive, ergonomic design with a 5-way adjustable handle
- VAC&SHINE and Dry Tank technologies with easy touch controls
- Eliminates up to 99.99% of germs and controls unpleasant odors
- Price: $179.99
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell Powerlifter is a lightweight, easily maneuverable bagless upright pet vacuum with great odor control. It cleans bare floors with minimum scatter, removes deep-embedded dirt and hair from carpets and upholstery, and comes with pet-related accessories that maximize the vacuum's effectiveness on upholstery and in hard-to-reach areas.
The key features of Bissell Powerlifter include:
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system that prevents loss of suction;
- Scatter-Free technology that allows for efficient hair and dirt pickup with minimized scatter;
- Triple Action brush roll that loosens, lifts, and eliminates embedded dirt and pet hair;
- 5-level height adjustment for enhanced results on bare floors and carpets of different depths;
- Excellent odor control with Febreze filter that freshens the air and eliminates pet odors.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerlifter comes with a 4-piece accessory pack including:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to 10+ feet;
- A flexible crevice tool that facilitates vacuuming in narrow spaces;
- The Pet TurboEraser® tool with rubber flaps useful in removing pet hair from upholstery;
- The Pet Hair Eraser tool with a velvet strip that removes deep-embedded hair and dirt from upholstery and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerlifter is a bagless upright pet vacuum that features a compact design and vibrant grapevine purple color. It is quite lightweight for an upright and although it does not possess a swiveling head, it has an easily maneuverable body. Its ergonomic handle and convenient pedals allow for great ease of use. Design flaws include short hose, inconvenient screw-top canister, and non-retractable cord.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissel Powerlifter weighs 14.5 pounds (shipping weight is 19.15 pounds). It measures:
- 31.7 inches in height;
- 14.7 inches in width;
- 11.5 inches in depth;
- 8 feet in stretchable hose;
- 30 feet in non-retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Bissell Powerlifter uses multi-level filtration with odor-eliminating Febreze filter.
Bissell Powerlifter produces excellent results on all types of bare floors, low-pile and high-pile carpets, upholstery, and carpeted stairs.
Information not available
Bissell Powerlifter is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Bissell Powerlifter features a lightweight, easily maneuverable body that makes up for the lack of a swiveling head.
Bissell Powerlifter yields excellent results on bare floors of all types. It provides a deep clean on both high-pile and low-pile carpets thanks to the Triple Action brush roll and 5-level height adjustment. Its pet-related accessories make it a great choice for upholstery vacuuming. It does not allow for effortless stair vacuuming due to the short hose.
With Bissell Powerlifter, the dirt cup needs to be emptied frequently, usually after 3 uses. The filters should be cleaned and rinsed every couple of months or more frequently, depending on use. Belts and filters should be replaced twice a year.
Bissell Powerlifter should remain functional for at least 5 years. Its lifespan can be extended with proper maintenance and regular replacement of routine maintenance components, including belts and filters.
$119.99 with free shipping within the US
Bissel Powerlifter comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Upright Vacuum Cleaner/Steam Mop
Bissell Symphony is a convenient hybrid that allows you to vacuum and clean hard floors separately or at the same time. It is excellent for collecting pet hair and solid debris while also being able to tackle more serious stains. It polishes your floors, controls any unpleasant smells, and removes up to 99.99% of germs from your home. It features a modern, ergonomic design and an adjustable handle for easier maneuverability.
Bissell Symphony's most prominent features include:
- Vacuuming + steaming;
- VAC & SHINE;
- Dry Tank Technology;
- Quick-release mop pad tray;
- Steam sanitization;
- Odor control;
- Adjustable handle.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Symphony comes with:
- 1 white pad made for hard floors;
- 1 scrubby pad, designed for scrubbing tasks;
- 1 set of replaceable vacuum filters.
Bissell Symphony features an ergonomic and modern design dominated by silver & gray with some red components. It is an upright model, so it is heavier than regular vacuums. Since it does not have a swivel head, it is unable to make sharp turns and reach below low pieces of furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Symphony weighs 9.7 pounds (shipping weight is 14.6 pounds). It measures:
- 64.5 inches in height;
- 9 inches in width;
- 11 inches in depth;
- 25 feet in non-retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Bissell Symphony uses a rinsable Bissell pre-motor foam filter and a water filter.
Bissell Symphony is only suitable for hard floors.
Bissell Symphony is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Bissell Symphony is an upright vacuum cleaner/steam mop, which makes it more difficult to maneuver. However, the ergonomic design and adjustable handle improve its manoeuvrability. It is also heavier than regular vacuum cleaners and does not feature a swivel head.
Bissell Symphony is designed only for hard floors and does not perform well on carpets and similar surfaces. It is not recommended for waxed surfaces and unsealed wooden floors. It can vacuum and steam hardwood floors, tiles, marble, linoleum, and similar surfaces. Thanks to its significant suction power, it takes only one pass to clean your floors. The appliance gives hard floors a nice polish as well.
Bissell Symphony does not require any special maintenance. You only need to empty the dust cup and rinse/replace the filter occasionally. The company recommends changing the filter every 6 months.
With proper use, Bissell Symphony should last for at least several years.
Bissell Symphony comes with a limited 2-year warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Joseph Field on 08/10/2018Better than my old Kirby by far. I bought it 3 months ago, still no troubles with belts and filters. I was afraid of overheating because I read a review that said it would overheat after 20 minutes, but that is so not the case. My warmest recommendation.
- Submitted By Anna Robins on 04/20/2018As far as vacuuming goes, I have nothing bad to say about it, my carpets have never been so clean and it works really well on furniture. I'm giving it 3.5 stars because of maintenance. I have to empty it every couple of days, because I vacuum daily. It's annoying.
- Submitted By Irina Scott on 08/19/2018Much cheaper than our previous vacuums that weren’t even able to steam the floors. This little guy made me forget all about mopping and our overly expensive steamer is just gathering dust in the closet ever since we bought it.
- Submitted By Jenna Black on 05/15/2018It is very difficult to reach some of the tight corners in my apartment, but that’s the only bad thing I have to say about this vacuum.
- Submitted By Tracy Carmine on 02/20/2018I was surprised by how light this vacuum/mop really is. I expected it to be much more clunky and unruly, but it’s just a breeze to use and go around my furniture.
Bissell Symphony is a revolutionary all-in-one device that allows you to vacuum and steam your hard floors separately or at the same time. It was developed by Bissell, a reputable company that launched its first product back in 1876. Learn all about this impressive hybrid in our comprehensive Bissell Symphony review.