Bissell Powerlifter VS Dyson DC39
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Decide between Dyson DC39 and Bissell Powerlifter in an instant with the most comprehensive Dyson DC39 VS Bissell Powerlifter comparison on the web.
Powerful Multi-Surface Canister Pet Vacuum
Lightweight, Deep-Cleaning Upright Pet Vacuum
Dyson DC39 is an allergy-friendly bagless canister pet vacuum that boasts powerful suction, excels at pet hair removal, and works perfectly on bare floors, stairs, upholstery, and low-pile carpets.
- Radial Root Cyclone technology for maximum hair pickup
- Ergonomic design; Ball technology for effortless navigation
- Efficient HEPA filtration; easy and hygienic dustbin emptying
- Price: $299.00
Bissell Powerlifter pet vacuum is a light and easily maneuverable bagless upright that provides great pet hair removal results and works equally well on bare floors, carpeted surfaces, and upholstery.
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system and Scatter-Free technology
- Specialized Pet TurboEraser®, Pet Hair Eraser, and crevice tools
- No loss of suction; 5-level height adjustment; great odor control
- Price: $119.99
Canister Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC39 is a bagless canister pet vacuum that boasts 290 AW suction power, great maneuverability, a large, easy-empty dustbin, and top-notch performance on hard floors, low-pile carpets, stairs, and upholstery. It is Quiet Mark certified and asthma- and allergy-friendly certified by Allergy Standards Limited.
The essential features of Dyson DC39 include:
- Radial Root Cyclone technology that maximizes airflow and hair and dirt pickup;
- Ball technology for enhanced navigation;
- Dual-mode floor tool for an effortless transition between different floor types;
- Acoustic engineering for high sound quality;
- 2-liter, easy-empty dustbin.
Accessories & Attachments
Dyson DC39’s accessory pack features:
- A 4-foot extension wand with a detachable handle;
- A combination dusting brush/crevice tool;
- A stair/upholstery tool;
- A Tangle Free Turbine tool for stairs, upholstery, and various hard-to-reach places.
Dyson DC39 canister pet vacuum features a modern design and a stylish iron-purple color scheme. Its sturdy construction is made of ABS and polycarbonate, materials used to make riot shields. The vacuum features an ergonomic handle and the Ball technology makes it easy to navigate. Turbine head controls are located at the handle, so there is no need to bend before switching to a different type of flooring. The retractable cord allows for easy storage.
Dimensions & Weight
Dyson DC39 weighs 16.89 pounds (shipping weight is 24 pounds). It measures:
- 14.5 inches in height;
- 19.9 inches in width;
- 10.2 inches in depth;
- 5.5 feet in hose length;
- 21.7 feet in cord length.
Suction (Motor) Power
275 air watts
Dyson DC39 uses 2-stage filtration with a washable filter and a HEPA filter.
Dyson DC39 is suitable for various types of hard floors, including wood, tile, vinyl, laminate, and concrete. It can further be used on low-pile carpets, high pile carpets, upholstery (including leather), stairs, and car interiors.
Although acoustically engineered to improve sound quality and reduce noise, Dyson DC39 can still be rather loud, with the maximum noise level of 84 dB.
Dyson DC39 is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Thanks to Dyson's patented Ball technology, Dyson DC39 is incredibly easy to maneuver and effortlessly deals with bends and turns.
Dyson DC39 is known for its near-perfect performance on bare floors, low-pile carpets, carpeted and non-carpeted stairs, and upholstery. Its performance on high-pile carpets is usually mediocre. It yields excellent results in car vacuuming, but its limited cleaning reach may be problematic.
To preserve the optimal functioning of Dyson DC39, you should empty the dustbin before the collected dirt reaches the MAX marking, wash the filter and clean the brushes after several uses, and replace the filter and brushes every 6 months or less frequently, depending on vacuuming frequency.
With regular maintenance and proper use, Dyson DC39 should remain fully functional for at least 5 years. It is made of durable materials used in the production of riot shields and thoroughly tested to withstand daily use.
$299 - $899.99 (depending on condition) with free shipping within the US
Dyson DC39 comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell Powerlifter is a lightweight, easily maneuverable bagless upright pet vacuum with great odor control. It cleans bare floors with minimum scatter, removes deep-embedded dirt and hair from carpets and upholstery, and comes with pet-related accessories that maximize the vacuum's effectiveness on upholstery and in hard-to-reach areas.
The key features of Bissell Powerlifter include:
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system that prevents loss of suction;
- Scatter-Free technology that allows for efficient hair and dirt pickup with minimized scatter;
- Triple Action brush roll that loosens, lifts, and eliminates embedded dirt and pet hair;
- 5-level height adjustment for enhanced results on bare floors and carpets of different depths;
- Excellent odor control with Febreze filter that freshens the air and eliminates pet odors.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerlifter comes with a 4-piece accessory pack including:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to 10+ feet;
- A flexible crevice tool that facilitates vacuuming in narrow spaces;
- The Pet TurboEraser® tool with rubber flaps useful in removing pet hair from upholstery;
- The Pet Hair Eraser tool with a velvet strip that removes deep-embedded hair and dirt from upholstery and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerlifter is a bagless upright pet vacuum that features a compact design and vibrant grapevine purple color. It is quite lightweight for an upright and although it does not possess a swiveling head, it has an easily maneuverable body. Its ergonomic handle and convenient pedals allow for great ease of use. Design flaws include short hose, inconvenient screw-top canister, and non-retractable cord.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissel Powerlifter weighs 14.5 pounds (shipping weight is 19.15 pounds). It measures:
- 31.7 inches in height;
- 14.7 inches in width;
- 11.5 inches in depth;
- 8 feet in stretchable hose;
- 30 feet in non-retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Bissell Powerlifter uses multi-level filtration with odor-eliminating Febreze filter.
Bissell Powerlifter produces excellent results on all types of bare floors, low-pile and high-pile carpets, upholstery, and carpeted stairs.
Information not available
Bissell Powerlifter is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Bissell Powerlifter features a lightweight, easily maneuverable body that makes up for the lack of a swiveling head.
Bissell Powerlifter yields excellent results on bare floors of all types. It provides a deep clean on both high-pile and low-pile carpets thanks to the Triple Action brush roll and 5-level height adjustment. Its pet-related accessories make it a great choice for upholstery vacuuming. It does not allow for effortless stair vacuuming due to the short hose.
With Bissell Powerlifter, the dirt cup needs to be emptied frequently, usually after 3 uses. The filters should be cleaned and rinsed every couple of months or more frequently, depending on use. Belts and filters should be replaced twice a year.
Bissell Powerlifter should remain functional for at least 5 years. Its lifespan can be extended with proper maintenance and regular replacement of routine maintenance components, including belts and filters.
$119.99 with free shipping within the US
Bissel Powerlifter comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Josh McAdam on 09/21/2018I don't think we've ever had a vacuum that sucks this well. It is great for floors, stairs, furniture, you name it. My wife wasn't happy at first because the price was a bit high, but now she admits I was right :)
- Submitted By Amanda Robbins on 04/10/2018I don't regret buying it, it works far better than my previous vacuums, and I've had more than 5 in the past 7 years since we bought the house. But there are a couple of things I don't like. First, the dustbin is not always easy to empty. Sure, you push the button, but you have to shake and shake and shake for all the hair to come out or stick your hand inside, which is something I'm not gonna do ever. Second, it is heavy. Third, its hose is short. I wanted it to be flawless for this kind of money, so 4 stars from me.
- Submitted By Joseph Field on 08/10/2018Better than my old Kirby by far. I bought it 3 months ago, still no troubles with belts and filters. I was afraid of overheating because I read a review that said it would overheat after 20 minutes, but that is so not the case. My warmest recommendation.
- Submitted By Anna Robins on 04/20/2018As far as vacuuming goes, I have nothing bad to say about it, my carpets have never been so clean and it works really well on furniture. I'm giving it 3.5 stars because of maintenance. I have to empty it every couple of days, because I vacuum daily. It's annoying.
Bissell Powerlifter pet vacuum is a lightweight bagless upright that can easily remove pet hair from every corner of your home thanks to invariable suction and specialized pet-related tools. In this Bissell Powerlifter review, we explore how this pet vacuum works on different surfaces and determine whether it offers good value for your money.