Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro VS Samsung POWERbot
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Find out whether Samsung POWERbot or Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro is more likely to take away your pet hair troubles with our all-encompassing Samsung POWERbot VS Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro comparison.
Ultra-Smart Robotic Pet Vacuum
Durable & Affordable Upright Pet Vacuum
Samsung POWERbot is an innovative robotic pet vacuum with 40x boosted suction, visionary mapping system, powerful self-cleaning brush, remote control, and WiFi connectivity.
- Top-notch performance on hard floors and low-pile carpets
- Easy programming and maintenance; scheduled self-start
- 4 cleaning modes; manual and automatic suction control
- Price: $699.00
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro is a bagless, upright pet vacuum cleaner that effectively cleans floors, carpets, upholstery, stairs, and even clothing with the use of powerful multi-cyclonic suction.
- Advanced technology for easy removal of embedded hair and dirt
- Handy extension wand and crevice, turbo, and dusting brush tools
- Automatic cord rewind and easy-to-empty, bottom-release dirt cup
- Price: $89.99
Robotic Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Samsung POWERbot is an advanced robotic pet vacuum that excels at vacuuming hard floors and low-pile carpets. Its suction is extra-strong, it is feature-rich and simple to program, and it represents a perfect choice for pet parents seeking an easily customizable and fully reliable automated vacuuming solution.
The key features of Samsung POWERbot include:
- 40x boosted suction;
- CycloneForce technology for clogging and suction loss prevention;
- 4 cleaning modes;
- Visionary Mapping Plus with FullView Sensor 2.0;
- Smart suction control;
- Manual suction control;
- Self-clean brush;
- Edge Cleaning Master for cleaning corners and wall edges;
- Cliff, bumper, and obstacle sensors;
- Extended cleaning path;
- Scheduled self-start;
- Remote control;
- WiFi connectivity;
- EasyPass wheels for a smooth transition over doorsills and other obstacles;
Accessories & Attachments
Samsung POWERbot does not come with any particular extras. Its accessory pack features:
- 1 remote control;
- 1 magnetic tape for boundary marking.
Samsung POWERbot is a D-shaped robotic pet vacuum cleaner available in shiny satin titanium color. It features a LED display panel at the top and an extended self-cleaning brush at the bottom. It is somewhat larger and taller than most of its competitors, but its construction is sturdier than usual. It is easy to use, it is designed with easy maintenance in mind, and it does not suffer from any major navigation issues.
Dimensions & Weight
Samsung POWERbot weighs 9.5 pounds (shipping weight is 15 pounds). It measures:
- 3.8 inches in height;
- 13.4 inches in width;
- 13.7 inches in depth.
Suction (Motor) Power
Samsung POWERbot uses 2-stage, pre-motor and exhaust filtration with a washable filter.
Samsung POWERbot can clean wood, linoleum, laminate, marble tile, and ceramic tile floors, as well as low-pile and medium-pile carpets.
With a maximum noise level at 71 dB, Samsung POWERbot is louder than many robotic pet vacuums, but it is significantly less noisy than most canister pet vacuums and uprights.
Samsung POWERbot uses a 21.6 V lithium-Ion battery that provides a 90-minute run time and takes up to 3 hours to fully recharge. The battery and the charging station are included in the package.
Samsung POWERbot does a great job navigating around furniture and efficiently cleans hard-to-reach corners and edges thanks to the Edge Clean Master feature. However, its size and height prevent it from cleaning under all kinds of furniture and getting into narrow spaces.
Samsung POWERbot provides incredible results on bare floors and low-pile carpets, eliminating at least 95% of dirt and pet hair. Its performance on medium-pile carpets is significantly above-average. It is not suitable for cleaning high-pile carpets.
Samsung POWERbot is perfectly easy to maintain. Apart from emptying the dustbin approximately every 2 sessions, you only need to clean the bin, wheels, brush, and filters occasionally and replace the filters twice a year or less frequently, depending on use. Routine maintenance usually takes just 2-3 minutes.
Samsung POWERbot can last for several years with proper maintenance and regular replacement of routine replacement parts such as filters and brushes.
$498 with free standard shipping within the US
Samsung POWERbot comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover Wind Tunnel 3 Pro is a powerful bagless upright pet vacuum cleaner that easily eliminates deep-embedded dirt and pet hair and comes with handy tools and features for maximum results on the majority of floor and above-floor surfaces.
The key features of Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro include:
- Multi-cyclonic technology that prevents loss of suction;
- WindTunnel 3 technology that allows for a deeper clean;
- Brush roll switch that lets you move from carpet to bare floor by pressing a pedal;
- 5-level height adjustment for equally great results on hard floors and low-pile and high-pile carpets;
- Bottom-release dirt cup emptied with a push of a button;
- Automatic cord rewind;
- HEPA media filter.
Accessories & Attachments
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro comes with a complete accessory pack including:
- A crevice tool for cleaning cracks, crevices, and narrow, hard-to-reach spots;
- A turbo tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery, mattresses, and clothing;
- A dusting brush tool for dusting fans, vents, shelves, upholstery, and other above-floor surfaces;
- A telescoping extension wand that extends the cleaning reach to 12 feet.
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro features a sleek design and a black-and-metallic-red color scheme. It is a bit large and heavy but easy to use. All the buttons and pedals are in the right places and easy to reach. The design is ergonomic, although the lack of a swiveling head does not add to the vacuum's maneuverability.
Dimensions & Weight
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro weighs 17.8 pounds (shipping weight is 24.15 pounds). It measures:
- 44 inches in height;
- 13.75 inches in width;
- 13 inches in depth;
- 10 feet in stretchable hose;
- 27 feet in retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Information not available
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro uses a rinsable primary filter, a reusable carbon filter, and a reusable HEPA media filter.
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro is safe to use on virtually all floors, including tile, linoleum, terrazzo, PVC, laminate, and hardwood flooring, as well as carpeted surfaces.
Information not available
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Like most models without a swiveling head, Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro is characterized by unimpressive maneuverability.
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro produces excellent, deep-clean results on bare floors, low-pile and high-pile carpets, and upholstery. On-board tools allow it to efficiently clean various above-floor surfaces. In spite of its powerful suction, it is not the best choice for tall staircases due to its limited cleaning reach (12 feet).
With Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro, it is recommended to empty the dirt cup before dirt reaches the max line. Filters should be cleaned every 2 months for optimal performance. The hose and brush roll should be cleaned regularly, as needed. Filters and belts may require replacement every 6 months or more frequently, depending on use.
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro can last for at least a couple of years with proper use and regular maintenance. However, relatively frequent belt and filter replacements are necessary.
$89.99 plus free shipping within the US
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Allan Turner on 09/07/2018At last, I found a robot vacuum I don't have to follow around, manually charge, and spend an hour cleaning. This little guy works great and if its bin was a bit bigger, it would literally be perfect.
- Submitted By Carrie Parker on 04/21/2018I don't get why they decided to exclude the mop, my old robot had a mop and it meant a lot. I love how well it cleans the carpets and how hard it works to clean the edges and corners that most vacuums fail to clean, but I'm still sad it doesn't have a mop. My hubby gave it to me as a birthday gift, which makes me love it even more, but if I did the choosing, I would definitely get one with a mop attachment.
- Submitted By Gary Neal on 01/12/2018No. complaints. whatsoever. Before buying it, I saw that some people were complaining about stuff like bumping into furniture, getting stuck, things like that, so I was a bit worried, but it seemed so good I was willing to take the risk and I'm glad I did. My powerbot never gets stuck, it cleans the entire apartment perfectly, both hardwood floors and carpets, and I love that I can program it any way I want to. I honestly could not wish for a better vacuum.
- Submitted By Joanna Aponte on 08/28/2018If I wanted to clean hoses this often, I wouldn’t have become an accountant. It worked fine for the first couple of months, but now the hose is constantly clogged, I have to clean it at least twice a month, I’m not happy!
- Submitted By Matthew Cash on 04/22/2018It’s been more than 2 years since I bought mine and it still works great. You have to clean it often, sure, but that’s what you should do with all vacuums if you want them to last.
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro pet vacuum is a bagless upright that uses proprietary technology to create 3 channels of suction and remove the most stubborn, embedded dirt and pet hair from your carpets, upholstery, and more. It works equally well on bare floors and carpeted surfaces and comes at a great price. Learn more in our Hoover Wind Tunnel 3 Pro review.