Bissell Symphony VS Bissell Powerglide
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
With our comprehensive Bissell Powerglide VS Bissell Symphony comparison, you are just a click away from identifying the right pet vacuum for your needs and budget.
Easy-To-Navigate Portable Upright Vacuum
Vacuuming & Steaming In One Device
Bissell Powerglide is a cordless, bagless upright pet vacuum with a lift-away canister. It excels at removing pet hair and fine particles from bare floors, low-pile carpets, and stairs.
- Lightweight, easily maneuverable vacuum with powerful suction
- Dual-cyclone technology for great hair pickup with no power loss
- Swivel steering; bottom-release cup; automatic height adjustment
- Price: $199.99
Bissell Symphony is an impressive hybrid that allows you to vacuum and steam at the same time. It collects pet hair and small debris from any type of hard surfaces and gives your floors a nice polish along the way.
- Attractive, ergonomic design with a 5-way adjustable handle
- VAC&SHINE and Dry Tank technologies with easy touch controls
- Eliminates up to 99.99% of germs and controls unpleasant odors
- Price: $179.99
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner (Cordless)
Bissell Powerglide is a portable bagless upright vacuum that boasts great lightness, maneuverability, and efficiency in removing pet hair. It is perfect for daily vacuuming on bare floors, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerglide’s most important features include:
- Dual-cyclone technology that ensures steady and powerful, edge-to-edge suction;
- Lift Off technology that allows you to detach the dirt canister and motor from the body of the vacuum and use it as a stick vacuum;
- Power brush on/off switch that facilitates the transition from carpets to bare floors and from bare floors to carpets;
- Swivel steering that allows for easy navigation around furniture;
- Automatic height adjustment for carpets of different pile heights;
- Bottom-release cup that is easy to empty.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerglide’s accessory pack features:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to about 10 feet;
- A 2-in-1 accessory that functions as a crevice tool and a dusting brush tool.
Bissell Powerglide is a compact, lightweight, and stylish pet vacuum available in a disco teal color that makes the vacuum even more aesthetically appealing. It is a cordless, bagless upright with a lift-away canister and a swiveling head, all of which makes it perfectly easy to navigate. Due to its slender design, it is easy to store. The soft bumper prevents scraping on walls and furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Powerglide weighs 11 pounds (shipping weight is 16.25 pounds). The vacuum measures:
- 43.89 inches in height;
- 11.02 inches in width;
- 10.43 inches in depth;
- 6 feet in stretchable hose.
Suction (Motor) Power
Information not available
Bissell Powerglide uses multi-level filtration with a washable pre-motor filter.
Bissell Powerglide can be used on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, high-pile carpets (with varying success), carpeted stairs, upholstery, car interiors, and various above-floor surfaces.
At 79 dB, Bissell Powerglide's noise levels are around the average for vacuum cleaners.
Bissell Powerglide uses a rechargeable 36 V lithium-ion battery. The battery provides a run time of up to 45 minutes and takes 2-4 hours to fully recharge. The vacuum comes with the battery and charging base included in the package.
Bissell Powerglide is lightweight, it features a lift-away canister, and it possesses a swiveling head, all of which makes it incredibly easy to maneuver.
Bissell Powerglide yields the best results on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs. It can also remove pet hair and small dirt particles from upholstery and car interiors. It may not provide a deep clean on high-pile carpets.
Bissell Powerglide features a handy bottom-release dust cup that is easy to empty. The cup should be emptied after several uses, preferably before it is completely full. The dust cup and washable filter should be cleaned regularly and rinsed monthly or less frequently, depending on use. The filter, belts, and other routine maintenance components may need replacement about twice a year.
Bissell Powerglide should remain functional for at least 2-3 years. The vacuum can last longer with regular and proper maintenance.
$199.99 with free standard shipping within the US
Bissell Powerglide comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Upright Vacuum Cleaner/Steam Mop
Bissell Symphony is a convenient hybrid that allows you to vacuum and clean hard floors separately or at the same time. It is excellent for collecting pet hair and solid debris while also being able to tackle more serious stains. It polishes your floors, controls any unpleasant smells, and removes up to 99.99% of germs from your home. It features a modern, ergonomic design and an adjustable handle for easier maneuverability.
Bissell Symphony's most prominent features include:
- Vacuuming + steaming;
- VAC & SHINE;
- Dry Tank Technology;
- Quick-release mop pad tray;
- Steam sanitization;
- Odor control;
- Adjustable handle.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Symphony comes with:
- 1 white pad made for hard floors;
- 1 scrubby pad, designed for scrubbing tasks;
- 1 set of replaceable vacuum filters.
Bissell Symphony features an ergonomic and modern design dominated by silver & gray with some red components. It is an upright model, so it is heavier than regular vacuums. Since it does not have a swivel head, it is unable to make sharp turns and reach below low pieces of furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Symphony weighs 9.7 pounds (shipping weight is 14.6 pounds). It measures:
- 64.5 inches in height;
- 9 inches in width;
- 11 inches in depth;
- 25 feet in non-retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Bissell Symphony uses a rinsable Bissell pre-motor foam filter and a water filter.
Bissell Symphony is only suitable for hard floors.
Bissell Symphony is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Bissell Symphony is an upright vacuum cleaner/steam mop, which makes it more difficult to maneuver. However, the ergonomic design and adjustable handle improve its manoeuvrability. It is also heavier than regular vacuum cleaners and does not feature a swivel head.
Bissell Symphony is designed only for hard floors and does not perform well on carpets and similar surfaces. It is not recommended for waxed surfaces and unsealed wooden floors. It can vacuum and steam hardwood floors, tiles, marble, linoleum, and similar surfaces. Thanks to its significant suction power, it takes only one pass to clean your floors. The appliance gives hard floors a nice polish as well.
Bissell Symphony does not require any special maintenance. You only need to empty the dust cup and rinse/replace the filter occasionally. The company recommends changing the filter every 6 months.
With proper use, Bissell Symphony should last for at least several years.
Bissell Symphony comes with a limited 2-year warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Melinda Payton on 08/04/2018Been using it for over a year, still as powerful as when I bought it. I have 2 kitties and it is perfect for vacuuming litter and pet hair. I just don’t think it’s good for shag rugs, I think it says so in the review as well, the brush doesn’t seem to be built for them.
- Submitted By Jonah Phillips on 04/11/2018It really works great when it comes to pet hair, but I don’t understand why it was too much of a trouble to make an 8-foot instead of a 6-foot hose. It’s not like they could not afford a longer hose and it would make the vacuum so much better.
- Submitted By Allison Cardona on 01/22/2018Light, powerful, easy to store. I live in a small apartment with too much stuff, so I like that it’s easy to vacuum in-between and underneath the furniture (my cat likes to sleep under the sofa), so I don’t have to move everything around every time I vacuum.
- Submitted By Irina Scott on 08/19/2018Much cheaper than our previous vacuums that weren’t even able to steam the floors. This little guy made me forget all about mopping and our overly expensive steamer is just gathering dust in the closet ever since we bought it.
- Submitted By Jenna Black on 05/15/2018It is very difficult to reach some of the tight corners in my apartment, but that’s the only bad thing I have to say about this vacuum.
- Submitted By Tracy Carmine on 02/20/2018I was surprised by how light this vacuum/mop really is. I expected it to be much more clunky and unruly, but it’s just a breeze to use and go around my furniture.
Bissell Powerglide pet vacuum is a portable bagless upright praised for its lightness, maneuverability, and great efficiency in pet hair removal. Learn all about its performance on different floor and above-floor surfaces and discover whether it is the right fit for your home and your budget in this comprehensive Bissell Powerglide review.