Bissell Powerlifter VS Bissell Powerglide
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
View our dedicated Bissell Powerglide VS Bissell Powerlifter comparison and find out which of these two excellent pet vacuums is a better choice for you.
Easy-To-Navigate Portable Upright Vacuum
Lightweight, Deep-Cleaning Upright Pet Vacuum
Bissell Powerglide is a cordless, bagless upright pet vacuum with a lift-away canister. It excels at removing pet hair and fine particles from bare floors, low-pile carpets, and stairs.
- Lightweight, easily maneuverable vacuum with powerful suction
- Dual-cyclone technology for great hair pickup with no power loss
- Swivel steering; bottom-release cup; automatic height adjustment
- Price: $199.99
Bissell Powerlifter pet vacuum is a light and easily maneuverable bagless upright that provides great pet hair removal results and works equally well on bare floors, carpeted surfaces, and upholstery.
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system and Scatter-Free technology
- Specialized Pet TurboEraser®, Pet Hair Eraser, and crevice tools
- No loss of suction; 5-level height adjustment; great odor control
- Price: $119.99
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner (Cordless)
Bissell Powerglide is a portable bagless upright vacuum that boasts great lightness, maneuverability, and efficiency in removing pet hair. It is perfect for daily vacuuming on bare floors, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerglide’s most important features include:
- Dual-cyclone technology that ensures steady and powerful, edge-to-edge suction;
- Lift Off technology that allows you to detach the dirt canister and motor from the body of the vacuum and use it as a stick vacuum;
- Power brush on/off switch that facilitates the transition from carpets to bare floors and from bare floors to carpets;
- Swivel steering that allows for easy navigation around furniture;
- Automatic height adjustment for carpets of different pile heights;
- Bottom-release cup that is easy to empty.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerglide’s accessory pack features:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to about 10 feet;
- A 2-in-1 accessory that functions as a crevice tool and a dusting brush tool.
Bissell Powerglide is a compact, lightweight, and stylish pet vacuum available in a disco teal color that makes the vacuum even more aesthetically appealing. It is a cordless, bagless upright with a lift-away canister and a swiveling head, all of which makes it perfectly easy to navigate. Due to its slender design, it is easy to store. The soft bumper prevents scraping on walls and furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Powerglide weighs 11 pounds (shipping weight is 16.25 pounds). The vacuum measures:
- 43.89 inches in height;
- 11.02 inches in width;
- 10.43 inches in depth;
- 6 feet in stretchable hose.
Suction (Motor) Power
Information not available
Bissell Powerglide uses multi-level filtration with a washable pre-motor filter.
Bissell Powerglide can be used on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, high-pile carpets (with varying success), carpeted stairs, upholstery, car interiors, and various above-floor surfaces.
At 79 dB, Bissell Powerglide's noise levels are around the average for vacuum cleaners.
Bissell Powerglide uses a rechargeable 36 V lithium-ion battery. The battery provides a run time of up to 45 minutes and takes 2-4 hours to fully recharge. The vacuum comes with the battery and charging base included in the package.
Bissell Powerglide is lightweight, it features a lift-away canister, and it possesses a swiveling head, all of which makes it incredibly easy to maneuver.
Bissell Powerglide yields the best results on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs. It can also remove pet hair and small dirt particles from upholstery and car interiors. It may not provide a deep clean on high-pile carpets.
Bissell Powerglide features a handy bottom-release dust cup that is easy to empty. The cup should be emptied after several uses, preferably before it is completely full. The dust cup and washable filter should be cleaned regularly and rinsed monthly or less frequently, depending on use. The filter, belts, and other routine maintenance components may need replacement about twice a year.
Bissell Powerglide should remain functional for at least 2-3 years. The vacuum can last longer with regular and proper maintenance.
$199.99 with free standard shipping within the US
Bissell Powerglide comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell Powerlifter is a lightweight, easily maneuverable bagless upright pet vacuum with great odor control. It cleans bare floors with minimum scatter, removes deep-embedded dirt and hair from carpets and upholstery, and comes with pet-related accessories that maximize the vacuum's effectiveness on upholstery and in hard-to-reach areas.
The key features of Bissell Powerlifter include:
- Multi-cyclonic cleaning system that prevents loss of suction;
- Scatter-Free technology that allows for efficient hair and dirt pickup with minimized scatter;
- Triple Action brush roll that loosens, lifts, and eliminates embedded dirt and pet hair;
- 5-level height adjustment for enhanced results on bare floors and carpets of different depths;
- Excellent odor control with Febreze filter that freshens the air and eliminates pet odors.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerlifter comes with a 4-piece accessory pack including:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to 10+ feet;
- A flexible crevice tool that facilitates vacuuming in narrow spaces;
- The Pet TurboEraser® tool with rubber flaps useful in removing pet hair from upholstery;
- The Pet Hair Eraser tool with a velvet strip that removes deep-embedded hair and dirt from upholstery and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerlifter is a bagless upright pet vacuum that features a compact design and vibrant grapevine purple color. It is quite lightweight for an upright and although it does not possess a swiveling head, it has an easily maneuverable body. Its ergonomic handle and convenient pedals allow for great ease of use. Design flaws include short hose, inconvenient screw-top canister, and non-retractable cord.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissel Powerlifter weighs 14.5 pounds (shipping weight is 19.15 pounds). It measures:
- 31.7 inches in height;
- 14.7 inches in width;
- 11.5 inches in depth;
- 8 feet in stretchable hose;
- 30 feet in non-retractable cord.
Suction (Motor) Power
Bissell Powerlifter uses multi-level filtration with odor-eliminating Febreze filter.
Bissell Powerlifter produces excellent results on all types of bare floors, low-pile and high-pile carpets, upholstery, and carpeted stairs.
Information not available
Bissell Powerlifter is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Bissell Powerlifter features a lightweight, easily maneuverable body that makes up for the lack of a swiveling head.
Bissell Powerlifter yields excellent results on bare floors of all types. It provides a deep clean on both high-pile and low-pile carpets thanks to the Triple Action brush roll and 5-level height adjustment. Its pet-related accessories make it a great choice for upholstery vacuuming. It does not allow for effortless stair vacuuming due to the short hose.
With Bissell Powerlifter, the dirt cup needs to be emptied frequently, usually after 3 uses. The filters should be cleaned and rinsed every couple of months or more frequently, depending on use. Belts and filters should be replaced twice a year.
Bissell Powerlifter should remain functional for at least 5 years. Its lifespan can be extended with proper maintenance and regular replacement of routine maintenance components, including belts and filters.
$119.99 with free shipping within the US
Bissel Powerlifter comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Melinda Payton on 08/04/2018Been using it for over a year, still as powerful as when I bought it. I have 2 kitties and it is perfect for vacuuming litter and pet hair. I just don’t think it’s good for shag rugs, I think it says so in the review as well, the brush doesn’t seem to be built for them.
- Submitted By Jonah Phillips on 04/11/2018It really works great when it comes to pet hair, but I don’t understand why it was too much of a trouble to make an 8-foot instead of a 6-foot hose. It’s not like they could not afford a longer hose and it would make the vacuum so much better.
- Submitted By Allison Cardona on 01/22/2018Light, powerful, easy to store. I live in a small apartment with too much stuff, so I like that it’s easy to vacuum in-between and underneath the furniture (my cat likes to sleep under the sofa), so I don’t have to move everything around every time I vacuum.
- Submitted By Joseph Field on 08/10/2018Better than my old Kirby by far. I bought it 3 months ago, still no troubles with belts and filters. I was afraid of overheating because I read a review that said it would overheat after 20 minutes, but that is so not the case. My warmest recommendation.
- Submitted By Anna Robins on 04/20/2018As far as vacuuming goes, I have nothing bad to say about it, my carpets have never been so clean and it works really well on furniture. I'm giving it 3.5 stars because of maintenance. I have to empty it every couple of days, because I vacuum daily. It's annoying.
Bissell Powerglide pet vacuum is a portable bagless upright praised for its lightness, maneuverability, and great efficiency in pet hair removal. Learn all about its performance on different floor and above-floor surfaces and discover whether it is the right fit for your home and your budget in this comprehensive Bissell Powerglide review.