Bissell Powerglide VS Shark Rotator TruePet
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Find out whether Shark Rotator TruePet or Bissell Powerglide is more likely to take away your pet hair troubles with our all-encompassing Shark Rotator TruePet VS Bissell Powerglide comparison.
Upright & Canister Vacuum In One
Easy-To-Navigate Portable Upright Vacuum
Shark Rotator TruePet is the most versatile upright vacuum on the market. Its lift away tech and detachable canister allow you to clean even the most hard-to-reach corners of your home without any problems.
- 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner with advanced swivel steering tech
- Complete seal technology with pre-motor and HEPA filters
- Wide variety of attachments + works on all types of surfaces
- Price: $214.99
Bissell Powerglide is a cordless, bagless upright pet vacuum with a lift-away canister. It excels at removing pet hair and fine particles from bare floors, low-pile carpets, and stairs.
- Lightweight, easily maneuverable vacuum with powerful suction
- Dual-cyclone technology for great hair pickup with no power loss
- Swivel steering; bottom-release cup; automatic height adjustment
- Price: $199.99
Upright/Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Shark Rotator is an upright 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner designed to remove pet hair and other debris from any surface. It features a detachable canister, advanced swivel steering technology, complete seal technology, HEPA filter, and numerous attachments and accessories. It combines the strong suction power of an upright with the maneuverability of a canister vacuum cleaner.
The main features of Shark Rotator include:
- Lift Away Technology;
- Fingertip controls;
- Special attachments for pet hair;
- Dynamic swivel steering;
- Excellent performance on all types of surfaces;
- Anti-allergen Complete Seal Technology;
- HEPA filter;
- 3 nozzle settings;
- Washable filters;
- LED lights.
Accessories & Attachments
Shark Rotator comes with the following accessories:
- 1 Hard Floor Genie (Hero);
- 1 Dusting Genie (crevice tool + dusting brush);
- 1 TruePet Motorized Brush;
- 1 Dusting brush;
- 1 Upholstery brush.
Shark Rotator features a sleek and modern design that allows for optimal maneuverability. The vacuum has a detachable canister, it comes in silver/bordeaux and silver/cinnamon color combinations, and it is made of durable PP and ABS plastic with some rubber and metal components.
Dimensions & Weight
Shark Rotator weighs 15.6lb and measures:
- 46" in height;
- 12" in width;
- 13" in depth.
Suction (Motor) Power
3.3 dry quarts
Shark Rotator uses 2-part pre-motor foam/felt filtration and a HEPA filter.
Shark Rotator can clean all types of floors.
Shark Rotator is outlet powered and does not use batteries.
Shark Rotator features a flexible swivel floor head, which makes it much easier to maneuver than traditional upright vacuum cleaners. Its detachable canister turns it into a canister vacuum, which can be carried around without the floor base.
Shark Rotator performs well on all surface types. It was designed to remove top-debris efficiently but also deep-clean even the plushiest of carpets.
Shark Rotator filters should be cleaned regularly for optimal performance. The manufacturer recommends the following cleaning frequency: - Pre-motor filter - every 3 months; - Post-motor Hepa filter - every 12 months.
With proper use and care, Shark Rotator should last well over a decade.
$214.99 - Bordeaux $229.99 - Cinnamon
Shark Rotator comes with a limited non-transferable 7-year warranty against all defects in materials and workmanship.
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner (Cordless)
Bissell Powerglide is a portable bagless upright vacuum that boasts great lightness, maneuverability, and efficiency in removing pet hair. It is perfect for daily vacuuming on bare floors, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerglide’s most important features include:
- Dual-cyclone technology that ensures steady and powerful, edge-to-edge suction;
- Lift Off technology that allows you to detach the dirt canister and motor from the body of the vacuum and use it as a stick vacuum;
- Power brush on/off switch that facilitates the transition from carpets to bare floors and from bare floors to carpets;
- Swivel steering that allows for easy navigation around furniture;
- Automatic height adjustment for carpets of different pile heights;
- Bottom-release cup that is easy to empty.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerglide’s accessory pack features:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to about 10 feet;
- A 2-in-1 accessory that functions as a crevice tool and a dusting brush tool.
Bissell Powerglide is a compact, lightweight, and stylish pet vacuum available in a disco teal color that makes the vacuum even more aesthetically appealing. It is a cordless, bagless upright with a lift-away canister and a swiveling head, all of which makes it perfectly easy to navigate. Due to its slender design, it is easy to store. The soft bumper prevents scraping on walls and furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Powerglide weighs 11 pounds (shipping weight is 16.25 pounds). The vacuum measures:
- 43.89 inches in height;
- 11.02 inches in width;
- 10.43 inches in depth;
- 6 feet in stretchable hose.
Suction (Motor) Power
Information not available
Bissell Powerglide uses multi-level filtration with a washable pre-motor filter.
Bissell Powerglide can be used on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, high-pile carpets (with varying success), carpeted stairs, upholstery, car interiors, and various above-floor surfaces.
At 79 dB, Bissell Powerglide's noise levels are around the average for vacuum cleaners.
Bissell Powerglide uses a rechargeable 36 V lithium-ion battery. The battery provides a run time of up to 45 minutes and takes 2-4 hours to fully recharge. The vacuum comes with the battery and charging base included in the package.
Bissell Powerglide is lightweight, it features a lift-away canister, and it possesses a swiveling head, all of which makes it incredibly easy to maneuver.
Bissell Powerglide yields the best results on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs. It can also remove pet hair and small dirt particles from upholstery and car interiors. It may not provide a deep clean on high-pile carpets.
Bissell Powerglide features a handy bottom-release dust cup that is easy to empty. The cup should be emptied after several uses, preferably before it is completely full. The dust cup and washable filter should be cleaned regularly and rinsed monthly or less frequently, depending on use. The filter, belts, and other routine maintenance components may need replacement about twice a year.
Bissell Powerglide should remain functional for at least 2-3 years. The vacuum can last longer with regular and proper maintenance.
$199.99 with free standard shipping within the US
Bissell Powerglide comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Black on 10/20/2018The cord is super lengthy which is awesome, but the hose could be a bit longer too. When I take the canister of the base, I still can’t reach some of the highest points in our house.
- Submitted By Jenna Matthews on 05/21/2018Uprights are just a pain to use when you have a 2 store house. Dragging the damn thing up and down the stairs is something I definitely don’t need in my life anymore. Shark is a completely different beast though since you can simply pop the upper part of the wheels and carry it around without the rest of the vacuum. Great tool if you want all the advantages of an upright without all the hassles.
- Submitted By Melinda Payton on 08/04/2018Been using it for over a year, still as powerful as when I bought it. I have 2 kitties and it is perfect for vacuuming litter and pet hair. I just don’t think it’s good for shag rugs, I think it says so in the review as well, the brush doesn’t seem to be built for them.
- Submitted By Jonah Phillips on 04/11/2018It really works great when it comes to pet hair, but I don’t understand why it was too much of a trouble to make an 8-foot instead of a 6-foot hose. It’s not like they could not afford a longer hose and it would make the vacuum so much better.
- Submitted By Allison Cardona on 01/22/2018Light, powerful, easy to store. I live in a small apartment with too much stuff, so I like that it’s easy to vacuum in-between and underneath the furniture (my cat likes to sleep under the sofa), so I don’t have to move everything around every time I vacuum.
Bissell Powerglide pet vacuum is a portable bagless upright praised for its lightness, maneuverability, and great efficiency in pet hair removal. Learn all about its performance on different floor and above-floor surfaces and discover whether it is the right fit for your home and your budget in this comprehensive Bissell Powerglide review.