Bissell Powerglide VS bObi Pet
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Find out whether bObi Pet or Bissell Powerglide is more likely to take away your pet hair troubles with our all-encompassing bObi Pet VS Bissell Powerglide comparison.
Sophisticated & Powerful Robotic Pet Vacuum
Easy-To-Navigate Portable Upright Vacuum
bObi Pet is a robotic pet vacuum that simultaneously performs 5 functions. It efficiently removes pet hair, dirt, germs, and bacteria by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, HEPA filtering, and UV sanitizing at the same time.
- Strong suction; quiet operation; run time of up to 90 minutes
- Above-average performance on bare floors and low-pile carpets
- Remote control; virtual boundaries; scheduled cleaning sessions
- Price: $299.99
Bissell Powerglide is a cordless, bagless upright pet vacuum with a lift-away canister. It excels at removing pet hair and fine particles from bare floors, low-pile carpets, and stairs.
- Lightweight, easily maneuverable vacuum with powerful suction
- Dual-cyclone technology for great hair pickup with no power loss
- Swivel steering; bottom-release cup; automatic height adjustment
- Price: $199.99
Robotic Pet Vacuum Cleaner w/ Mop
bObi Pet is a compact robotic pet vacuum cleaner that sweeps, vacuums, mops, and sanitizes your floors and uses HEPA filtration to remove allergens and other nasty particles from your home. It is perfect for various types of bare floors and low-pile carpets.
The most prominent features of bObi Pet include:
- 5-in-1 functionality, with functions including sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, UV sterilization, and HEPA filtration;
- 3 work modes, including Go! for cleaning the entire home, Waffle for dealing with localized messes, and Juice, in which the vacuum automatically locates its charging station and plugs in to recharge;
- 80+ sensors that prevent the vacuum from falling off edges and bumping into obstacles;
- bObi blOck, which allows you to draw invisible boundaries and keep the vacuum away from certain parts of your home;
- Scheduling, which lets you instruct bObi Pet to self-start up to 7 days per week and at the times you define;
- FullCommand remote control, which lets you schedule cleaning sessions, manually control your vacuum’s movement, and switch between work modes;
- Multi-level bristle and rubber brushes that efficiently lift and remove embedded hair;
- Run time of up to 90 minutes, with a minimum diminishment in suction power at low battery levels;
- Waterproof and washable dustbin that you can submerge in water and remove all leftover dirt and hair.
Accessories & Attachments
bObi Pet robotic pet vacuum comes with:
- 1 bObi blOck that lets you create virtual boundaries,
- 1 FullCommand remote control;
- 1 mop attachment;
- 2 micro-fiber mopping cloths;
- 1 syncing tool that helps you synchronize the coding of the charging station and the vacuum.
bObi Pet is a small, round-shaped robotic pet vacuum that comes in 2 luxurious colors: scarlet and silver. Its attractive appearance is enhanced with a glossy finish and the smooth and silky TouchMe texture of its surface. Its exterior is made of an original silicone formula and the vacuum as a whole is RoHS compliant and free of hazardous materials. The vacuum is incredibly easy to use and features an illuminated touchscreen with 3 buttons that let you switch between work modes in a tap.
Dimensions & Weight
bObi Pet weighs 10 pounds (shipping weight is 15.25 pounds). It measures:
- 12.6 inches in diameter;
- 3.35 inches in height.
Suction (Motor) Power
bObi Pet uses advanced HEPA filtration.
bObi Pet is suitable for most types of flooring, including tile, hardwood, marble, linoleum, and low-pile and high-pile carpets.
With a sound output of under 60 dB, bObi Pet is unlikely to bother your family or your pets.
bObi Pet uses 14V 12-cell lithium-ion battery. The battery is rechargeable, it provides a run time of up to 90 minutes, and it takes up to 4 hours to recharge. Both the battery and the charging station and adaptor are included in the package.
bObi Pet is able to make 360-degree turns and easily clean underneath beds and sofas and around the legs of furniture and other hard-to-vacuum areas.
bObi Pet boasts a stellar performance on bare floors and above-average performance on low-pile carpets. It can work on high-pile carpets too, but the results may vary depending on carpet height.
bObi Pet requires you to empty the dustbin and clean the brushes after every 2-3 uses. The dustbin and the filter should be cleaned monthly or as needed. The filter should be replaced every 3-6 months.
With proper use and maintenance, bObi Pet can easily last for 5 years or even more, depending on cleaning frequency. The device's long lifespan does not refer to routine replacement parts
$299.99 plus a $12.49 shipping fee
bObi Pet comes with a 1-year limited warranty along with a lifetime of after-purchase support and 5 years of subsidized repairs.
Bagless Upright Pet Vacuum Cleaner (Cordless)
Bissell Powerglide is a portable bagless upright vacuum that boasts great lightness, maneuverability, and efficiency in removing pet hair. It is perfect for daily vacuuming on bare floors, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs.
Bissell Powerglide’s most important features include:
- Dual-cyclone technology that ensures steady and powerful, edge-to-edge suction;
- Lift Off technology that allows you to detach the dirt canister and motor from the body of the vacuum and use it as a stick vacuum;
- Power brush on/off switch that facilitates the transition from carpets to bare floors and from bare floors to carpets;
- Swivel steering that allows for easy navigation around furniture;
- Automatic height adjustment for carpets of different pile heights;
- Bottom-release cup that is easy to empty.
Accessories & Attachments
Bissell Powerglide’s accessory pack features:
- An extension wand that extends the vacuum’s cleaning reach to about 10 feet;
- A 2-in-1 accessory that functions as a crevice tool and a dusting brush tool.
Bissell Powerglide is a compact, lightweight, and stylish pet vacuum available in a disco teal color that makes the vacuum even more aesthetically appealing. It is a cordless, bagless upright with a lift-away canister and a swiveling head, all of which makes it perfectly easy to navigate. Due to its slender design, it is easy to store. The soft bumper prevents scraping on walls and furniture.
Dimensions & Weight
Bissell Powerglide weighs 11 pounds (shipping weight is 16.25 pounds). The vacuum measures:
- 43.89 inches in height;
- 11.02 inches in width;
- 10.43 inches in depth;
- 6 feet in stretchable hose.
Suction (Motor) Power
Information not available
Bissell Powerglide uses multi-level filtration with a washable pre-motor filter.
Bissell Powerglide can be used on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, high-pile carpets (with varying success), carpeted stairs, upholstery, car interiors, and various above-floor surfaces.
At 79 dB, Bissell Powerglide's noise levels are around the average for vacuum cleaners.
Bissell Powerglide uses a rechargeable 36 V lithium-ion battery. The battery provides a run time of up to 45 minutes and takes 2-4 hours to fully recharge. The vacuum comes with the battery and charging base included in the package.
Bissell Powerglide is lightweight, it features a lift-away canister, and it possesses a swiveling head, all of which makes it incredibly easy to maneuver.
Bissell Powerglide yields the best results on bare floors of all types, low-pile carpets, and carpeted stairs. It can also remove pet hair and small dirt particles from upholstery and car interiors. It may not provide a deep clean on high-pile carpets.
Bissell Powerglide features a handy bottom-release dust cup that is easy to empty. The cup should be emptied after several uses, preferably before it is completely full. The dust cup and washable filter should be cleaned regularly and rinsed monthly or less frequently, depending on use. The filter, belts, and other routine maintenance components may need replacement about twice a year.
Bissell Powerglide should remain functional for at least 2-3 years. The vacuum can last longer with regular and proper maintenance.
$199.99 with free standard shipping within the US
Bissell Powerglide comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Joan Carrillo 09/24/2018It works perfect except when it doesn’t. By this I mean trying to move chairs and constantly crashing into out black sofa. I thought that it doesn’t make sense when I read some reviews from other users, but unfortunately, it’s true, it can’t see anything that’s black, don’t get how, because it is supposed to use radio frequency and some fancy sensors, but yeah, it’s really annoying, it can spend like 15 minutes trying to go through the sofa. But I’ve grown attached to it over the past few months, so I just help it when it runs into the sofa and I’m pretty satisfied with everything else.
- Submitted By Neal Williams on 04/17/2018Keep the vacuum away from the wires, trust me, it’ll eat ‘em up. Nothing else wrong about it, it works great, both as a vacuum and a mop. I just keep it off our shag rug in the bedroom because the brushes got stuck in it once, it took me half an hour to get it out.
- Submitted By Harold Daniels on 01/22/2018My wife and I work long hours and have 3 dogs, you get the picture. Thanks to bobi, we come home to clean floors and my wife couldn’t be happier. My warm recommendation.
- Submitted By Melinda Payton on 08/04/2018Been using it for over a year, still as powerful as when I bought it. I have 2 kitties and it is perfect for vacuuming litter and pet hair. I just don’t think it’s good for shag rugs, I think it says so in the review as well, the brush doesn’t seem to be built for them.
- Submitted By Jonah Phillips on 04/11/2018It really works great when it comes to pet hair, but I don’t understand why it was too much of a trouble to make an 8-foot instead of a 6-foot hose. It’s not like they could not afford a longer hose and it would make the vacuum so much better.
- Submitted By Allison Cardona on 01/22/2018Light, powerful, easy to store. I live in a small apartment with too much stuff, so I like that it’s easy to vacuum in-between and underneath the furniture (my cat likes to sleep under the sofa), so I don’t have to move everything around every time I vacuum.
Bissell Powerglide pet vacuum is a portable bagless upright praised for its lightness, maneuverability, and great efficiency in pet hair removal. Learn all about its performance on different floor and above-floor surfaces and discover whether it is the right fit for your home and your budget in this comprehensive Bissell Powerglide review.